Here are some of the most useful questions to help you reframe challenges.
When you’re faced with a challenge, a difficult situation, or a frustrating individual, it can be hard not to react.
Instead, try to pause and reframe how you see the situation. Consider alternative ways of looking at it, and as you experiment with shifting your perspective, you’ll generally find you become calmer and more resourceful.
Remember the Stoic philosopher, Epictetus: “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters”.
One of the best ways to reframe challenges is to simply ask yourself reframing questions. In my experience, some of the most useful questions are as follows.
1. What’s within my control here?
2. What are the opportunities here?
3. What am I grateful for here?
4. What can I learn from this?
5. How would I approach this as my best self?
6. What would make this easier?
7. What advice would I give someone else in this situation?
8. If I look back a year from now…?
Hope these are useful – see how you get on.